Wednesday 17 September 2008

Using NetFrog to Dissect a Frog

I have been researching ways in which our society and the things that we do are made easier and more modern by society.
I visited NetFrog, to see how effectively it performed as an online simulation site. After reviewing its many pages I have come to the conclusion that it definitely achieves its purpose. I feel as though readers can learn to dissect a frog simply by watching this online simulation and using the guidance on the site. They would not even have to use a real frog. Of course after watching this if they were to dissect a real frog it would be clear and easy for them to do, as the guiding on this site is extremely thorough and detailed. The site shows images of each step on the dissection to make the instructions even more clear. By using NetFrog, it has taught me that online simulations can definitely be a strong asset in assisting education. One negative is that the page is not too aesthetically pleasing so it is more difficult to be drawn in or attracted to it, but it is without a doubt very helpful for those who wish to dissect a frog, whether online or physically.

I also visited the Science Museum's 'Making The Modern World' modules site. This is used to talk about how the world has gradually become more and more modern and technology orientated. The site showed me how the world used to be historically and how it has evolved over time. The site used bright colours and animation to seem more interesting and engaging. I found that the site was written in clear, easy-to-understand language and that it really helped me to understand about the world's technology. Therefore i definitely feel as though this site achieves its purpose.

No comments: